Geeki Geeki, the Stupid Stupid Wiki Wiki ¶
GeekiGeeki is a minimalistic wiki with a Git
backend, an unusually high features/complexity ratio and a clean wiki syntax.
Check the EditingTips page for an idea the supported markup.
The stupid choice for your geeky wiki needs!
- S^3: Simple, Small, Stupid
- Rich, clean markup syntax, highly compatible with WikiCreole and MoinMoin
- Versioned and distributed storage backend based on git
- Easy to interface with other storage back-ends through a glue script
- Interfaces with GitWeb for history browsing, RSS...
- Consistent use of CSS for easy theming
- HTML pass-through for powerful formatting
- Pluggable macros
- Page includes (templates with parameters coming)
- Blogging support
- Hierarchical namespace with automatic directory listing
- Picture gallery (poor man's Flick'r)
- Video playback (poor man's You Tube)
- User accounts supported through web server's HTTP basic auth
- Per-page ACLs
- Title and full-text search with full regex power
- Easy drop-in installation (no WSGI, mod_python, FCGI...)
- Small! Codebase is just 800 LOCs!
- Derived from PikiWiki, like MoinMoin
- GuruMeditation alerts :-)
GeekiGeeki is Gratis Software as in Gratuitous Speech, not Cheap as in Cheap Beer.
Consult your lawyer before using to check whether this is compatible with your current
brand of beer.
Naa! GeekiGeeki is really distributed under the GNU Affero General Public License version 3 or later.
You can obtain the latest version — actually any version — through git:
git clone http://src.codewiz.org/~bernie/git/geekigeeki.git/
git clone git://src.codewiz.org/~bernie/geekigeeki.git/
Browse the revision history in GitWeb
Individual source files:
Yes, that's the whole thing!
Installation and upgrade ¶
See install for new installations, upgrade if you are already running a previous version of GeekiGeeki.
Please send your patches! See the TODO list for ideas.
Bugfixes and cute hacks welcome. BloatWare will be rejected: this is
a minimalistic wiki, damn'it!